perhaps the following may help too. as the more info, then the better chance of an id
odour - any particular smell to it
taste - was it hot etc (tasting is perhaps not a good idea for most folks though, due to the risk of poisoning)
colour - what colour were the various parts, gills, cap, stem etc
colour change - is there any colour change were cut or bruised etc
feel - was it smooth, rough, slimy sticky etc (stem & cap)
Agree with all those. Maybe easiest to leave out taste just to avoid confusion, although if the taste is just taken from a small part of the raw flesh which is then spat out there is no realistic danger of poisoning. Toxicity of cap fungi is measured in grammes or even tens of grammes of material consumed so experienced mycologists aren't being foolhardy using the taste test but obviously novices may not appreciate the nicieties involved.
Good points here and ones which I know I have forgotten in the past when asking for fungi ID. It is very easy to forget that fungi change in appearance very quickly and depending on the current conditions.
When considering eating wild fungi I think this advice (I read many years ago) should be remembered.
If you are going to eat any fungi you have collected, it should be divided it into three parts.
The first part is for you, the second part is for the doctor and the third part is for the coroner.